Do you feel as though you are always running to catch up?? Here are 3 Keys to get you ahead of your competitors.
Often they are running to catch up with the latest social media, latest gizmo, the latest must read book that remains sitting on the night stand unopened for months, the latest financial industry guru declaring how best advise clients? All very frustrating and unfulfilling but more importantly, unproductive.
So what is the answer to becoming a behaviorally smart advisor?
- It is all about navigating human differences to match the advisor to the client and provide appropriate solutions for them.
- It is all about uncovering all of who a person is
- It is about knowing who your competitors are AND what they have to offer
Some simple thought provokers:
- Have a conversation with your clients, forget about advising or selling for a short while – just converse
- Share something of your story, it will be relaxing and itll encourage them to talk. As the advisor, you are the leader: leaders go first
- Many people often won’t initiate sharing something personal, but are far more likely to do so in response to someone sharing some of their story first
- Listen for clues, watch for reaction, understanding their needs and values
- You are now building trust – you are now laying foundations upon which to match a product /advice
- Uncover. Use conversation to build trust by identifying the human behaviors which lead to the differences in your style with the client and within family groups. This will remove the hidden obstacles, and build more confidence in the advice you give.
- Navigate. Understand the power of the written, spoken, visual word and make sure the client hears/understands the message.? If you understand your clients communication keys, thats brilliant, but if not focus on the cues provided to you, then you can navigate them through your message/s.
- Match. If you are part of a larger group, use this information to match advisor to clients to more easily gain? deeper levels of engagement. If you are in a small practice look for ways you can adapt your approach to match the clients needs.? Add an additional ingredient by ensuring you as the advisor and your client have shared values.? Non-aligned values produce poor results.
For more information on how you can Uncover, Navigate and Match to build sustainable business performance, visit the Financial DNA website.