Imagine a life spent working for someone only to discover late in the piece that you had all the makings of an entrepreneur.
You may instinctively know that you have a strong desire to start a business. Perhaps you harbored an innate desire to create ventures, but just needed confirmation to take the leap.
Hard wired behavior is inherent. It can be revealed. It can deliver significant insight into your DNA wiring that puts you into the driving seat of your career choices.
Our research concludes that entrepreneurs who have built a business in excess + $1m in turnover will have the following “genes” (natural “hard-wired” behavioral traits) in descending order of dominance:
- Resilience – achieves results, manages setbacks, and rationally takes quick action.
- Risk Taker – confidently takes risks and tolerant of losses.
- Creativity – innovative with ideas and seeks to differentiate.
- Work Ethic and Focus – pursues goals and is often ambitious and competitive.
- Charisma – ability to influence people to follow them, often having a balance between being outgoing and reserved
These genes are more pronounced for those entrepreneurs who have built businesses with a turnover of more than $10m.
We Did the Research
At DNA Behavior we extensively researched the subject of Entrepreneurial Genetics using our validated Business DNA Natural Behavior Discovery Process as the foundation. Our analysis that a person is born with entrepreneurial genes is supported by other similar findings in academic research and studies.
Entrepreneurs must be multifaceted and dynamic yet be laser sharp and narrowly focused. Their many duties require a uniquely talented character, but differences in personality and perspective can determine success or failure. It is not surprising therefore, that the number one genetic trait of an entrepreneur is resilience as this is foundational to survival in life and business.
We want to put you on the right path to understanding your entrepreneurial strengths. With the use of behavioral science, you can have this data in real-time on any device.
Below you have an opportunity to complete a 10-minute questionnaire that will reveal significant self-awareness. It’s free.
I’m an Entrepreneur – What Next?
Regardless of where you are on your entrepreneurial journey, there will be challenges. Without personal self-awareness of the above five key traits, even the most gifted entrepreneur will crash and burn. Whilst a strong sense of purpose will keep entrepreneurs motivated during challenging times, behaviorally smart individuals face challenges knowing that through them, they will learn and grow.
Look again at the five entrepreneurial genes and ask yourself these questions:
- Which of the above entrepreneurial genetic traits am I most dominant?
- Am I leveraging the dominant one? If not, why not?
- Who is alongside me as a partner or integrator (master key executive) to bridge the gap of the less dominant genes? And is that support successful?
- Who else do I need on the team and in what roles?
- Resilience is an essential quality to succeeding in any business, but how is my work/life balance?
Understanding the genes that make you a successful entrepreneur is very empowering. These insights provoke deeper thinking about the essential success factors and to consider how to activate your underused talents for building a business, and life, with meaning.
We have a great deal of on line resource for entrepreneurial coaching and mentoring to help you on your journey. Just reach out.